Welcome to my blog...!!

Here you'll find many idioms listed in different categories.... from animal idioms to love, from food to body idioms.....!!!
Have some fun while learning.....!

sábado, 14 de julio de 2007

A little activity for you..... Match these pictures to the idioms about Having problem.








_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A) I've come up against a brick wall. (Something preventing me from doing what I want)
B) I've dug myself into a hole. (I caused myself a problem difficult to escape from)
C) So now I'll have to face the music. (Accept criticism or punishment)
D) He's clutching at straws now. (He is in a difficult situation in which he'll do anything)
E) He's been left holding the baby. (Left to deal with a problem alone)
F) I put my foot in it. (Said something tactless and embarrasing)

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Super impressive collection of idioms and collocations Renzo. Any chance you could colour-contrast /highlight the actual idiom in the example context?
Have you actually used them all?
I loved the cartoons.
When the cat's away...

Pilar

Anónimo dijo...

Great idioms... very useful... well done!!!